R

R

I'm still trying to find my way in here.

Ashes to Ashes (Experiment in Terror, #8)
Karina Halle
The Edge of Never - J.A. Redmerski Maybe my expectations were too high, everybody else is 5 staring it.Maybe that's why I gave it 3 stars instead of 2.

What I didn't like:
1- This was supposed to be a self searching journey , but when I look back she didn't find out anything new about herself. She filled the emptiness in her life with Andrew. Good for her, but I can't help but feel cheated. I wanted epiphanies, life goals to be set, maturing... I wanted her to find what she wanted within herself, I wanted him to be a part of the answer, a way to it, not BE it.
what I got girl meets boy, relationship developments. No Aha moments, no action, nothing. All she learned was to speak her mind and be more open sexually.
It's like everything that happened was to lead her to him,Many might not mind that, but it just felt let down.

I accepted that she didn't have a plan when she left, I was excited, I wanted that too. I liked that she felt lost , that she just switched tracks and changed her destination. What bothered me was that, the minute she trusted Andrew, she sort of just gave him the reins. This is YOUR journey come on. How are you going to learn to make your own path if you just follow.

2- The fact that most of the relationship was built within a week .
I loved how it started as a reluctant friendship slowly unfolding into something more. It didn't FEEL rushed, it was only when I thought of the time frame that I had a problem with it.

3- I kept expecting something big to happen
but as i turned the pages, all the unexpected I got was the last part. Speaking of that, what if he had a seizure a week ago, going 50 miles per hour on the highway while she slept?

4- The ending didn’t answer the question asked in the beginning.
What is going to do with her life? Does she get a job? Does she go around the world? Did she find what she was looking for?

5- The drama
The reasons she left seemed trivial in the end.
The last 20% felt like the author was just trying to make me cry, or to finish on a high note.

However, to be fair, there was a lot I liked about it, What I said doesn't mean I disagree with the good thing the other reviews mentioned. I just don't feel the urge to gush about it because they got my hopes up. maybe I would've like it more if I didn't expect anything, or if I was going in for a boy meets girl story.